wind to thy wings~
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Oh before I forget, I really wanted to blog about National Day Celebrations we had yesterday. Yay :) It was great. Felt like I just got back to RGS, when celebrations were like carnivals, and everyone had fun. Instead of sitting around and getting boring and being cool and un-involved, which is sort of the feel I got over here. Yeah. So it was a great blast, congrats to all the organisers.
The cool thing was, it was a school-wide celebration. Something rather hard to organise and coordinate much less held in school given our brimming school population and rather small school campus site. So Raffles Take 5! this year was held outside. And the rest of the celebrations merely had the school split into different places doing different things and not celebrating together. But it was cool to see the school transform into some sort of carnival yesterday with balloons and stalls [free food! *think jing xuan*] and tents and lasers and all sort of cool stuff. Yeah, we had a wonderful blast and it felt really cool to have this evening celebration!
Why am I getting high over this. But it felt great and I'm proud to be in such a cool school because I truly felt the school spirit yesterday again and also the patriotic spirit I'm sure we all have deep within us [no matter how cool you act].
Oh and it's wonderful how BB won [tie with BW] having caught up all the way from lagging behind by 22 points. At a point in time not even 2nd I believe. And having caught up and leading by 2 points before Mr/Miss Singapore [which was kind of boring yesterday :( Wen Jun was amusing though], yeps it's the house spirit and it was GGXX [borrowing boy's lingo] because we truly fought hard and believed. And it was great to see the unflagging spirit. Hehe, house spirit is rare to see in RJ [yet again]. And I sort of tried to put in an effort [which wasn't useful ultimately] but oh well.
Hehe enough rambling I should get down to work!
wishing wind to thy wings at 3:33 PM
c0mments