wind to thy wings~

Sunday, July 08, 2007

1 week to gym comp. Wishing all gymnasts the best week ever! Jiayou this is the last stretch! We can do this.


Raffles Rhythmic Rocks :)

-


I used to think. I can pride myself in my determination. To stick to it till the end. I need it very much now and every ounce of concentration counts. I will fight myself. And I will win.


Went running just now. Realised how much I've lost my stamina. And partly it was how I was feeling before I started running as well. But it was quite xin ku.


Anyway. I had this mental conversation with myself throughout the run [good thing I didn't slip and fall over the drains or wander off the path and _re_sprain my ankle or anything]. Then I realised it's not so much what I think I can do. It's more of what I set out to do.


Sometimes the pressure of having people around you expect you to be unable to do something makes you actually incapable. I don't know. It's something like peer pressure but not exactly. Like when people expect you to fail it suddenly becomes not-so-bad to fail. It become acceptable. I mean. People expect you to do so isn't it? But it isn't. It has never been.


So while I was running. And half dying, it occurred to me. When people expect me to fail. And I let them affect me. Who's actually looking down on me? Myself. And who thinks I can't do this? Me. What's so disappointing is me looking down on myself. So the only obstacle in front of me is actually me.


I don't know. This isn't some sudden realisation. It's something I've known all along. I've followed all along. Somehow I lost it along the way recently. And I've refound it. Something like a re-discovery.


-


Hehs. The sad thing is. This is exactly what's bothering me. Just. I can survive it all. I can keep control. I can keep running. I won't stop because I know what's stopping me is just myself.


Given my weariness then. I just afraid of what's going to happen to me if I keep going on like this. Keep holding on to control. When I know I'm near breaking point many times a day.


But I have no choice. Do I. I can only keep running. Keep breathing. Keep going on.


-


I'm still not mad yet :) And I think I can survive it afterall.



wishing wind to thy wings at 9:08 PM
c0mments

Post a Comment