wind to thy wings~

Thursday, March 08, 2007

School today was fine. Got back the chem lecture test we did on Tuesday. I did fine larh. But I must really berate myself for my overconfidence. In putting down answers I mugged and not adapting it to the question. Not the definition question. But in putting down s-1 mindlessly. And in using products - reactants to calculate enthalpy change of combustion when _obviously_ bond breaking [on the reactants side of the equation] would take in energy should it should be more like reactants - products. So STUPID for not even thinking and just chucking stuff onto the paper. Bah!


I showered this morning. So Accomplished Me did NOT sleep through lectures today. I was awake throughout chem lecture [a confirm sleep lecture], phys lecture [an either sleep or do other work lecture... I paid attention today!], and econs tutorial. I must admit that gp was a breather as we did our own work and sauntered to the canteen to by food [for the rest] and to get tempted [for me]. And I was going to nod off during econs already. Had to get Zhu Hui to pester me awake. She FINALLY succeed today. Wheee...


BUT. My determination kind of died off this afternoon. Maybe because of the 'exertion' of choreo-ing j2 dance with Vernus in the afternoon. Of the afternoon sun and heat. Or I was going to die the whole day and only collasped then. [Why am I making excuses for myself?] I SLEPT DURING H3 MATH TUTORIAL :S Yucks. Desperately copying notes only ended up in messy scribbles on my lecture notes and many pencil lines because when I sleep my hand will just ZOOM across the paper :S


Oh and the new physics lecturer is really amusing and interesting, although we _did_ spend half the lecture waiting for av technicians to come and fix the problem. I wonder what's wrong. Chem lecture in the first block also had an IT glitch and after waiting around and wasting time, they ended up using transparency. Exactly what the GP essay topic on how technology has made us busier come into play :P [Pardon this relation to GP I MUST make use of what I studied XD]


I'm starting to get irrelevant but since this is my personal space please excuse the messiness within the mind. Speaking of which, read the article in Newsweek whao pointed out to me on Monday. About messiness. The concept is interesting but how they argued the point was not very credible in my opinion. Using the increase in entropy of the universe for reactions as an example of how disorder is useful DOES NOT stand. If S < 0, when change in G is < 0, the reaction still takes place. It just requires a force and is not spontaneous. The argument about digging around your messy table and finding things you forgot and finding links between your messy notes is also filmsy. They said that time spent on the mindless strive for order could be better spent somewhere else doing something more productive. Think of it like this: time spent digging around your messy table [they admitted that you _have_ to dig around your messy table] can be spent putting it into neat piles so you will not have to do it again next time. Overall? Time saved. Furthermore, when you rearrange your table to put it into neat stacks/piles/files, you will find things you forgot and find links between messy things on your table. Does that not mean that orderliness is even better? Hmmmm... But the study may have better empirical evidence and not as simplified argument as this. And they might have conducted actual studies which I do not know of. Just saying that these two argument are filmsy larh.


Dance today was I don't know how to describe. Was rather dead after H3 math already and had to go for dance :S Many people weren't around originally because they were sick/dunnoe why/at O2. Yeps but we re-did the kuai ban and trained our new ambitious move. Lifting esther. Wheee... I think it would look really nice but right now we must concentrate on doing it quickly enough. Yeps yeps. We can do it! Much thanks to esther for being so brave and ivy for her poor back. Ren3!! We can do it as a team!


Dance tomorrow is from about 2-7 because CG and I NEED to settle our lifts. Lose weight lose weight that is the only solution. Yeah mann with success around me I can do it! LOL :P


Going to see the doctor again tomorrow. Hope everything goes well.


Flooded with commitments, I can only settle things one at a time. One step at a time, one inch forward step by step. I can do this!



wishing wind to thy wings at 10:19 PM
c0mments

Post a Comment