wind to thy wings~
Sunday, March 04, 2007
On Pain and Painkillers.
I'm taking Naproxen 500mg twice daily when the recommended dosage is 220mg once or twice daily. But since this is what the doctor recommended i suppose this is correct. However, the half-life of Naproxen is 12-15 hours. This effectively means that i have >220mg of Naproxen in my body 24 hours these few days. The gel the doctor provided is also a pain relief i think. So even if my back doesnt hurt these few days, and it hurts mildly sometimes only, i might still be doing something wrongly. Isn't that more dangerous than ever? I mean if it hurt I would know when to stop, if it doesnt I might worsen the situation.
What can I do other than have faith in the doctor?
On Stress and Stress-Relief.
The pile of work to do and also the many many tests next week has been leaving me feeling rather stressed. The burn-out index for me from the burn-out survey we did in class last week was 46. Rather high, but I know someone who has a burn-out index higher than mine. Hmmm...
The danger of burn-out has been preached to me often enough by many many people who are also scared that I will run out of energy sometime soon. True perhaps but I think I have been rather mean and have taken out my frustration on a few close friends, for which I am truly sorry. But I am surviving despite all odds. And I am sort of going at the same pace as all the lectures and tutorials [although I sleep every lecture and don't pay attention every tutorial, which doesnt bode well for the up and coming CTs]. I might not have started mugging for CTs but I AM COPING. Rejoice in that.
Chatting with people online late into the night has become some sort of de-stressing method for me. The only disadvantage to this would be that I would be even more tired in school the next day and hence have reduced productivity. Chatting with someone I haven't chatted with for a long time yesterday made me feel rather relaxed. Although it did mean that i ended up sleeping at 1am.
Crying is another. I am becoming a crybaby this year.
Or finding indulgence in the surroundings, standing at the window late at night yesterday, it feels like the night wind is so refreshing that I could continue doing more work non-stop, I can persevere. However, it was so cold and I was catching a cold that I couldn't stand there forever.
I think music affects my mood too. Listening to depressing music [not exactly depressing but rather nostalgic/enchanting/something which pulls at the strings in my heart] makes me feel very tired and emotionally stressed. I think I don't have any HAPPY music in my library.
Finding irrelevant pictures for flowers last night made me find that i can still appreciate much of the beauty in the world around me. Which made me think of my past ambition of becoming a photographer. Hmm... I wonder how I could feed myself if I went into this line.
But anyway, if you are reading this line I must say I marvel at your endurance in reading all the above irrelevant and disjointed crap I typed up there. Off to lunch and more work. But I'm feeling ok about it really...
Half-empty, half-full. We make the choice.
wishing wind to thy wings at 11:54 AM
c0mments